Will the Lump in my Belly Button Be a Problem if Having Liposuction to the Abdomen? (photo)

So I am scheduled to have my surgery on may 31st!! But I am alittle worried that the doctor will not want to operate because I have a lump in my belly button. I have no pain I went to the hospital and they did a cat scan on my abdomen and they sent me home saying that I was ok and gave me tylonol. I want to make sure that everything is ok vefore going to mexico and being turned down..

Cosmetic Medical Tourism

+1

You have some of the best physicians in the world within your reach.  We are committed to delivering the safest and most efficacious healthcare possible.  Further, we realize that every patient we treat is a member of our community and will impact our reputation--for better or for worse.  The same cannot be said for foreign medical tourism.  If you were seeing a physician in your community, you would have had a thorough examination and this question would have been answered directly.  Moreover, any issues regarding dissatisfaction, or complications, would be addressed in a more timely fashion given the lack of need for air travel.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

That "lump" is a hernia - risk for bowel injury during liposuction

+1

Previous answer is correct - that looks like an umbilical hernia. That's a hole in the muscular wall that allows fat or intestines to stick out. If a surgeon hits that with a liposuction cannula, and there is bowel in that hernia, it may perforate the intestine, which will causes bowel injury and sepsis. I'm talking major surgery and death here. Don't do the surgery in Mexico, why would you compromise your health for a discount? Jeez!

Umbilical bump

+1

That belly button bump is likely an umbilical hernia. You surgeon should be familiar with this and either avoid or address the issue. I typically repair the umbilical hernia before liposuction in the same operative session. Please discuss this with your surgeon.