What are the logistics of a second rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I got a closed rhinoplasty 6.5 months ago and I have not seen results. My nose looks relatively similar to what it did before the surgery. I see no miracle way it will ever transform into the look I wanted. I am coming to the conclusion I will likely need a second surgery but I am not sure if I should expect to be charged the same amount? It looks like I paid for nothing... I will be talking to my doctor soon but I was wondering if there was any outside advice on second time around? Thank you!

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose will still go through changes after 6.5 months. It can take up to one year to see the final result of surgery. Depending on the surgeon, he or she may not charge a surgeon's fee if a revision is necessary. Swelling can influence the result of surgery and I would recommend giving it some time and see how you continue to heal. The following questions need to be addressed to determine the degree of change you may see over the next few months:

1) Was your surgery a revision?
2) Do you have thick nasal skin?

I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and will be able to advise you. Thank you and good luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hanging columella and bulbous tip rhinoplasty results

+1
It's hard to assess your final bulbous tip repair results right now as you likely still have at least some skin swelling. Your columella may not necessarily come up any higher with further healing, though.

It makes sense to talk to your surgeon about your results to see what he or she thinks.

In the meantime you can read more about hanging columella repair at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Closed rhinoplasty revision logistics

+1
 It is best to wait at least one year before undergoing any revision on your nose. In the meantime, cortisone shots to the supra tip  portion of the nose and Blenderm tape can help prevent fluid retention and scar formation in the supra tip area of the nose. For many examples, please see the  link below to our rhinoplasty photo Gallery

Considering Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
Revision rhinoplasty can be a complex procedure and it is best to wait for all swelling to resolve. Follow up with your surgeon in the meantime and express your concerns, but try to be patient for now. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon