Why is the Local Anesthesia Fluid So Painful Before Smart Lipo Procedure?

I just had smartlipo done and I was not prepared for the pain I endured. I was given something to calm anxiety but not for pain. The local anesthesia fluid took an hour to inject my whole core area and I am 5’8 at 140lbs. I was told the liquid is separating the muscle from the skin, and that is why is hurts. OMG, I thought I was going to black out from the pain. Why was the local anesthesia fluid so painful when injected?

+1

That is why I believe only boarded Plastic surgeons who can offer deep sedation or light general anesthesia with the local should be doing these Smart lipo operations. I do 98% of my cases of Smart lipo under deep sedation of light general. My patients enjoy the experience without compiaining of intra operative pain.