What is the likelihood that my left breast will "drop" to be even with my right breast? (lower pole fullness) (Photo)

Surgery Feb 4/14. 375cc high profile smooth round mentor implants, under the muscle, crease incision. Right handed. My breasts were not uneven in height or lower pole fullness pre-op as best as I could tell. How long will it take (if ever) for my left breast to settle? It looks like the implant is sitting too high.

Likely

+1
It is normal for your breasts to go through changes over the months following breast augmentation. When done correctly, expect 3 to 6 months to see the final result. I suggest you aggressively massage the higher implant to help it settle.

Good Luck

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

+1
Thanks for the before picture, your nipple to fold distance on the left looks shorter than the right. This means there is less tissue below the nipple and the implant will sit higher unless the tissues stretch or the fold is lowered

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Uneven implants

+1
You should give your implants 6 full months to drop, although most will settle in 6 weeks.
You have a good result - although one implant does look a little higher, there was asymmetry before.
Contact your surgeon for advice about what if anything you can do to try to coax the implant down.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Symmetry can still be achieved

+1
but let your surgeon guide you through this journey.  We all  have our own ideas of how to coax in implant to drop and in my experience, it usually works.  Your nipples are not level but they appeared a little off on your pre-op photo so that is just a reflection of what you had to start with.  My focus with my patients is to have even, level upper poles since that is what shows when going braless and wearing tube tops.  What is more important to you... level tops or nipples that point out evenly with uneven upper poles?  Let your surgeon know of your concerns and what is recommended to help you achieve a 'perfect' result.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast symmetry post op

+1
The good news is that you are very early in the post operative recovery period.  You will have continued settling of the implants into a lower portion of the pocket throughout the next many months.  Your pectoral muscle will "pull" on the implants until it too relaxes...  You will do great... You should always discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your post op visits... Best of luck.

Terrence Higgins, MD

Symmetry

+1
It takes about 3-6 months for all of the swelling to resolve and for you to see your final result. Your left nipple was lower pre op though and this will not change. Be patient and stay in touch with your surgeon.

Lee E. Corbett, MD