What Would Be the Length of Treatment for over Crowded Teeth with Invisalign? (photo)

What Would Be the Length of Treatment for over Crowded Teeth with Invisalign?

Invisalign treatment times are determined from the records

+2

Each aligner is worn for 2 weeks, and the number of aligners is determined when the computer at Invisalign works out the case.  Until the records are sent in, it is only a guess as to how long treatment will take.  

On average, most cases take about a year.  Some can take much longer and some a bit shorter.  From the photos given, I would guess about a year to a year and a half.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Treatment Time with Invisalign

+2

The Invisalign aligner system straightens teeth by sequentially applying forces that move individual teeth fractions of a millimeter at a time. Moving the teeth with plastic in this fashion does work, but sometimes it is slower than regular braces with wires for a case like yours. This is because one of today's modern wires (nickel titanium) can continue applying force and moving your teeth for 8 to 10 weeks without adjustment and accomplish the majority of the unraveling necessary to align your teeth. The actual length of treatment for your case would be determined by your orthodontist's treatment plan (which requires more in depth information than what I can see in these pictures) and by the number of aligners that Invisalign's computer algorithms (formulas) determine are necessary to achieve the desired result. My best guess is that your treatment would take somewhere between 12 and 18 months if it can be done without extractions and between 18 and 24 if teeth need to be removed. If there is not enough room to keep all the teeth, I would recommend standard fixed appliances in my office.

Albuquerque Orthodontist

Length of time for invisalign

+1

Without doing a complete examination, full set of photos and clin check simulation it would be difficult to give you an idea of how long your invisalign would take. On average most cases take about a year but like I stated you would need to get records taken and be evaluated by an invisalign provider

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Length of time for Invialign

+1

Definitely get an Invisalign proposal called a clincheck.  It requires some impressions and pictures and xrays but it gives all kinds of answers on the time and difficulties of managing your case.  Your Invisalign provider can help you with this proposal.  Then discuss the traditional braces as an option and it's benefits.

Mesa Cosmetic Dentist