What is the Length of Surgery for Tummy Tuck(skin Only) and Slight Breast Lift and is It Done Under General Anesthesia?

Tummy tuck and breast surgery

+1

Breast surgery and a tummy tuck area common combination which most plastic surgeons perform routinely. The amount of time it takers depends on various factors, especially depending on how large the patient is as well as what specifically needs to be done.  Typically, for, me, I would anticipate about 5 hours give or take a little.

Surgical time for a tummy tuck and breast lift

+1

Way back when, before anesthesia, one of the most important qualities for a surgeon was speedA good surgeon could amputate a leg in under a minute.  So much for the "good old days." 

But I digress.  When I schedule a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and a little lipo of the anterior hips and a full breast lift, I ask for 5 - 6 hours depending on how big and/or saggy the patient is.  If it's a TT without muscle repair (a rare patient in my practice) and just a little lift, I would likely schedule about 4 hours. 

I absolutely hate to feel like I am racing the clock.  Modern anesthesia, in a healthy patient, is so safe, it is much better to take the time to get it as good as possible the first time than to rush and need to go back later for a revision.  Taking the time to get that incision closed just right or to get that breast shaped just so is time well spent.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Surgery time for tt and breast lift

+1

The amount of surgical time will depend upon the complexity of the surgery and the surgeon.  I usually can perform a standard lift and tummy tuck within 3-4 hours.

Tummy Tuck/Breast Lift time length

+1

The tummy tuck procedure usually takes about 1-2 hrs and the breast lift right at 2 hrs. These procedures are safely done at the same time under general anesthesia. Of course your surgery time could vary depending on the extent of your procedures.

George Toledo, MD

Surgery time for Tummy Tuck and breast lift and type of anesthesia?

+1

There is no way to provide a specific answer to this question because there can be so much variation in what is meant by "Tummy Tuck" and "Breast LIft". A skin only tummy tuck could take as little as an hour, or over two hours. There are many types of breast lifts with varying degrees of correction. Simply raising the position of the nipple/areola with a periareolar lift could take as little as an hour, but it accomplishes very little lift of the breast overall. A more comprehensive lift could take over three hours but would truly reposition your breast tissue to a more elevated position. Taking shortcuts to shorten surgical time doesn't result in improved results.

Both of these procedures are usually done under general anesthesia but the more limited versions could be done with sedation and tumescent or local anesthesia.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

How much time does a tummy tuck and breast lift surgery take?

+1

A combination of a tummy tuck and breast surgery has been referred to in recent years as a Mommy Makeover.  The amount of time in surgery depends on a lot of variables.  A tummy tuck takes between 1-2 hours and a breast lift takes from 1-2!/2 hours.  The exact amount in your circumstances is something your surgeon could determine with an in person exam and a discussion with you about what matters most to you. These procedures are usually done with a light general anesthetic or with an epidural and local. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Surgical Time for Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck factors

+1

Total time for  surgery for tummy tuck and breast lift is dependent on many factors. They include :

Extent of Tummy tuck (mini, standard or extended)                                                           Type of breast lift (for example peri-areolar or lollipop?)                                                        Experience and training of your surgeon, plus is he or her an efficient surgeon?

It would be hard to tell without photos, but as an estimate from your description about 3 1/2-4 hours for both including anesthesia time.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Length of surgery for tummy tuck and breast lift.

+1

The length of time for a skin only tummy tuck and breast lift is highly dependent on the amount of tissue to be removed from the tummy and how much of a lift the breasts will require. It also depends on your surgeon and his/her pace of work.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon