What is the Latest Best Procedure for Fat Transfer to Breast?

I've been researching fat transfer to breast to decide if it's an option for me because I do not want implants and am not looking for a huge increase, but do not want to waste my money with little to no results either. After 2 children I have a glorified A cup to small B cup size breast. I am 5 feet tall and weight 125 so there should be plenty of fat for the transfer :/ Doctors have many different ways of performing this procedure and I want to know which works best with the best results.

Fat transfer

+2

My advice on this subject is simple. Avoid fat transfer for breast enlargement.  Despite claims by various surgeons, this operation is hit or miss at best and the bugs simply have not been knocked out . That's the plain truth.

Fat Transfer to Breast

+1

While some surgeons are utlizing a patient's own fat (similar to a Brazilian Butt Lift), the results are mixed.  Be cautious before you proceed with this procedure. Consult with 2 - 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons in your area before proceeding.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Fat transfer for large breasts

+1

For small breasts it works well . For large breasts it entails many grafting procedures and liposuctions over a long period. It can be done but it is an expensive an long tterm commitment Think it over.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fat transfer to breasts

+1

Think long and hard before you embark on that technique for breast augmentation. Being an A cup or small B that you are, most of my patients will consider it unworthy operation to increase it by the amount that fat transfer will do. More over , you might need multiple injection procedures to get the size that will make you happy, because big part of the fat disappear with time. Your best bet is to find an experienced board certified plastic surgeon that will use the right size implants to make you happy.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

You can increase your breast size by injecting fat

+1

One procedure that is relatively new and gaining popularity is breast augmentation using your own fat. Similar to the more well known Brazilian butt lift procedure, we can take fat from somewhere on your body through liposuction and then re-inject that fat into the breast. This can successfully increase your breast size permanantly without the need for an articficial implant. There is also the other added benefit of the liposuction!  While this can work well, there are many different ways to do it - the techniques for harvesting, processing, and injecting the fat vary greatly among plastic surgeons.  It also requires that the skin of your breasts is loose enough to be able to hold the new fat. This is why it works best in women who have "deflated" after pregnancy or weight changes, as opposed to the young woman who has veyr small beasts with tight skin.  Make sure to choose a surgeon who is specifically familiar with this technique because the majority of plastic surgeons still do not do this procedure.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Fat Breast Augmentation

+1

As in planting, the success of the garden depends on MORE than the gardner. It depends on the soil, the quality and viability of the plants planted, the fertilizer used and the frequency and quality of watering. Similar concepts apply with Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation.

The breasts must be prepared to provide a much more hospitable enviroment for the transferred fat. This is done by wearing a suction device called the Brava which uses suction both to increase breast size by close to a cup but also and more importantly, it increases the concentration and amount of blood vessels in the breast tissues allowing more of the transferred fat to stay alive and persist. Further important details reside with using a lower liposuction vacuum force to limit fat cell injury and trasferring mostly viable fat cells, instead of all the liposuctioned aspirate, into small breast tunnels to increase symmetry and fat survival.

Good Luck from Memphis,

Peter A Aldea, MD

Fat injection into the breast

+1

Some surgeons are injecting fat into the breast for augmentation.  It is certainly surgeon dependent.

The surgeon and experience is very important

+1

I have done most numbers of fat grafting to the breast in u.s. and there are some limitations to fat grafting. The main issue is the quality of your breast tissue and your available fat for transfer. The harvesting technique,processing and injection techniques are all important. I have done more than 270 cases of fat grafting and majority of them are for implant failure patients.You can get more infirmation at my web site or our at grafting meeting web site fatgraftforum.com.The device Brava is indicated in certain conditions but in my experience is not the key factor. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer Works, But There are Details

+1

Dear catlady76-

Thanks for the great question!

Fat Transfer to the Breast, for a breast augmentation, is possible, but does have some requirements, including

-  you actually have some fat on your body to remove, process, and do the fat transfer

-  you have to wear the Brava device before and after your fat transfer surgery

-  YMMV/ your mileage may vary regarding overall end result, due to your body's tendency to absorb fat after surgery

There are other considerations as well, so talk to a local plastic surgeon and have a consultation.

Best Wishes,

Roy Kim

Roy Kim, MD

Fat Transfer to the Breast

+1

The only technique that has proven long term results is for the patient to wear the Brava System (you can google it) for several weeks and then the fat graft which may get you 1/2 to 1 cup size increase. That is if you have enough fat elsewhere for the graft.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD