The Last Two Days, I See an Oily Stain on the Front of my Shirt. Do I Have a Leak or Rupture? (photo)

Implants in 1999. Saline filled, silicone shell implants. Never had any issues. I noticed a oily stain on my shirt the last few days. Only oily on the left side. I don't have pain in the implant. I'm freaking out though. Does this sound like a leak or rupture? The breast hasn't changed in size.

Breast Implant Leak or Rupture?

+1

It is always best to consult with your board certified plastic surgeon if you have a question pertaining to your breast implants. Best of luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

The Last Two Days, I See an Oily Stain on the Front of my Shirt. Do I Have a Leak or Rupture?

+1

ALWAYS best to be examined in person and consider mammography examinations also. An "OILY" sating is not a leak of saline that is watery. You need to attend to this soon. 

Oily Stain

+1
With saline implants it is unlikely that the oily stain on your shirt is due to your implant. I would consult with your surgeon for further examination. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Saline implant is intact

+1

A leaking implant will never leak out through the skin.   A saline implant has no silicone so what ever is on your chest is definitely not  coming from the implant.  

You're saline implant is not leaking.

+1

A failed saline implant deflates similar to a car tire. I don't know what it will be substances on your chest wall but does not come from the breast implant.

Not likely associated with your implants

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Saline implants are filled with saline and when they deflate the breast volume decreases.  Any secretion or discharge from your nipple/areola is not likely to be associated with your implants.  You should, however, have the  nipple/areola discharge investigated to make sure all is well.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

That is not do to implant rupture!

+1

You sate that you have saline implants (yes, with a silicone shell).  When saline implants rupture, the saline from the implants gets absorbed by your body. From the picture you show, I suggested this is probably coming from your nipple, possibly representing lactation.  I would suggest talking to your primary doctor about this, you may need a workup by a endocrinologist.

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant Deflation?

+1

Your description does not seem consistent with breast implant deflation. Patients who experience deflation of saline breast implants will notice a change in size and/or shape of the breasts. Sometimes, patients will report an increase of breast implant “rippling".