What is the Best Laser, Peel, or Procedure to Do for Underneath the Eyes for Wrinkles?

What is the best treatment for under the eyes

+1

I get great results for fine lines with my CO2 laser. For lines caused by squinting, I use Botox or Dysport.
In patients that are sunken in, I use clear fillers such as Restylane or Perlane.

I also use my own product (scientificskin EyeSculpt) and this helps as well.

Web reference: http://www.scientificskin.com

Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower eyelid wrinkles

+1

Your question cannot be answere as it is posed. It depends if the lines are dynamic (due to underlying muscle motion), adynamic (loss of skin elements with aging) or due to overhanging excess skin. Also dynamic lines if ignored will eventually develop an adynamic component with loss of skin elements in the depths of the wrinkle or fold. Crow's feet are dynamic lines at the outer corners of the eyes and in the absence of an adynamic component respond extremely well to botox. Botox cannot be used for dynamic lines below the eyelashes because of the risk of the eyelid pulling away from the eyeball when the muscle is paralyzed. Laser temporarily works on these but in my opinion it is a waste of time and money as they come back quite soon due to conintued muscle motion under this skin. In my experience daily skin care under the supervision of a good dermatologist is best for that. If there is excess overlapping skin of the lower eyelid causing the wrinkles that is best removed by surgery as attempts to shrink that skin with laser etc can have uncontrolable results.

In your specific case it is impossible to know which option is best without a face to face physical examination.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Under eye wrinkles are best treated with resurfacing lasers

+1

The fractionated CO2 laser can be used to produce the "madonna lift"  an improvement in the upper and lower eyelid appearance.  The treatment can be done lightly and repeated 3-4 times, with 1-2 days of downtime each, or it can be done at a more aggressive setting twice with 4-5 days of down time each.  It is performed with simply a topical anesthetic and takes minutes to complete.  Best to you,

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Wrinkles underneath the eyes...

+1

It is difficult to choose the "best” treatment for periorbital wrinkles. Treatment choices include skin care, Botox/Dysport, Injectable fillers, Chemical peels, laser resurfacing, and blepharoplasty (Eyelid surgery). This is a great question to discuss in person during your initial consultation.

Are the wrinkles dynamic or only present with animation? Then, Botox or Dysport will relax the muscles and soften the wrinkles.

Are the wrinkles superficial or deep? Sunscreen and skin care can slow progression of the wrinkles and may help the appearance of superficial lines. Deeper wrinkles may require chemical peels or laser resurfacing.

Are the wrinkles due to loss of volume around the lower eyelid? If so, an injectable filler using hyaluronic acid such as Restylane can restore  volume and improve the appearance of the skin.

Often a combination of these treatments is necessary to achieve a natural result. Good Luck!

Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon