What is the Best Laser Treatment for Acne Scars on the Cheeks?

+1

Thank you for your question. There are many treatments for acne scars such as peels, lasers, injectable etc. Depending on your skin type and severity of acne will determine which treatments may work best for you. I would recommend consulting under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist for safest and best treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser for Acne Scars on Cheeks

+1

The best treatments for acne scars on the cheeks varies by individual.  However, I find that the Fractional CO2 Laser consistently produces the most dramatic improvement in acne scars.  It treats acne scars by stimulating the skin's own production of collagen to resurface the skin's texture.  When performed by an experienced laser surgeon, the procedure is safe and effective.  Though there are a few days of downtime after the treatment, most of our patients are pleased that they only require a single treatment for impressive results.  The Fraxel laser is another great option for the treatment of acne scars; patients who prefer a shorter downtime, but their schedule's allow for multiple treatments, may find that the Fraxel suits them better.  I also find that Fraxel is often the best choice for treatment of patients with skin of color.

The truth is that one laser treatment isn't the best for everyone, so it is important to visit a dermatologist who specializes in laser treatment for acne scars, in order to discuss the best options for your skin.

Eric Schweiger, MD

In my opinion, the Fraxel Dual 1550nm laser is best for acne scars of cheek

+1

I feel that the Fraxel Dual 1550 lasers offer great improvement in acne scars and has a long history of being used for this.  (Before the Dual, the Fraxel re:store was a 1550 laser as well).  Others will argue that a fractional CO2 laser is better, but there is more pain, more risk, and more downtime.  You can need 5-10 treatments, so don't just stop at one.  Also, your skin will never return to normal, just better, 35-60% better I would say.  I'm looking at Lutronic's Infini now as a possible treatment for acne scars.  It's been used worldwide for this problem and just got FDA approval in the states in July.  This would be no downtime and no risk of hyperpigmentation in the darker skin individuals.  It uses RF with microneedling.  Please see my links for more information, Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin and Panama City, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD