Are the Laser Hair Removal Side Effects Permanent?

Seven months ago I went to a dermatologist for laser hair removal in my neck. Two days after I had blisters, and the skin became darker. I was worried and disappointed, it was worst than before! Till now, the skin is still dark and I noticed a discoloration as well. I think the laser was Alexandrite laser. I am using Retin A, and moisteriser. What concerns me most is the colour of my neck skin, is this temporary or something permanent? what can I do to reduce all this? Thanks

Hydroquinone cream for post inflammatory pigmentation.

+2

You can consider using 2% hydroquinone cream for a few nights to lighten the pigmentation. If that works, you can consider using hydroquinone for a longer period with your doctor's supervision.

Make sure to use a good sunscreen over the pigmented areas, regularly.

India Dermatologist

Pigment changes.

+1
Pigment changes in the skin of the treated area is most common in patients with darker skin and can be permanent. You can try topical products that can help lighten the skin, however please see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine the best course of action for you.

Jerome Edelstein, MD