What is the Best Laser for Tattoo Removal? What laser works fastest for this procedure?

Hi, When looking to get a tattoo removed, what laser works fastest for this procedure? Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best laser for tattoo removal

+2

I use the Alex TriVantage laser by Candela at my office. It has a 755nm, 532nm, and 1064nm wavelengths that treat a broader range of tattoo colors. My patients and I have seen significant results with this laser treatment.

Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

I use the VersaPulse Laser because it has three real lasers in one device.

+2

The Versapulse Laser has Red (755nm), Green (533nm) and infrared (1064nm) real lasers that are not converted with a dye adaptor.  In my opinion this is the best Tattoo laser ever invented and was also the most expensive skin laser ever sold ($192,000).   There are not too many of these laser still in operation because they were built by Coherent a company eventually acquired by Lumenis.   A Company in Salt Lake City, TruTech, maintains and rebuilds these lasers.  They are awesome.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Q-switched laser is really the only reasonable choice for tattoo removal

+2

The Q-switched laser is really the only reasonable choice for tattoo removal. This is because "Q-switched" lasers produce the exceptionally short pulse needed to shatter the granules of tattoo ink while causing little or no damage to the skin. Medlite and Candela ATV lasers are good examples. I use a Candela ATV laser because it has an improved ability to treat blue and green inks, in addition to black and red. Fractional ablative lasers can be of limited value, and only in certain circumstances, for example when dealing with an allergic reaction to tattoo ink.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

PicoSure

+1

I just wanted to send an updated answer to this question.  The new PicoSure laser is the newest, fastest laser on the market.  Your removal will take half the time as older technology like the Nd: YAG, Alexandrite, etc.  Please search in your area to find a clinic using the PicoSure. 

Kean B. Lawlor, MD
Seattle Dermatologist