Would It Be Possible to Get the Keloid on the Cartilage of my Ear Surgically Removed? (photo)

I keep getting infections in the piercing hole because of the keloid being in the way of the bar and therefore not being able to clean it properly. I do not like removing the bar in fear the hole will close up or become too tight and I will not be able to get it back in. I only keep the piercing in to hide the keloid on my ear and would be more than happy to remove it if the keloid could be removed. Thanks

Surgical removal of keloid on ear

+1

It is possible to surgically remove a keloid on the back of the ear.  It is also possible that the keloid could return after it's removed.  There are maneuvers that can be done to help lessen the chance of a keloid returning.  I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to get more details of possible surgery.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon