Is the Keloid String Removal Safe? (photo)

Options for keloid treatment in Los Angeles

+1

Most doctors would advocate proven techniques for keloid treatment that minimize longterm recurrence. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Is the Keloid String Removal Safe?

+1

I'm assuming that you're describing the method where a suture is tightly tied around the base of the keloid. This needs to be examined and the suture adjusted on a weekly basis. If performed by an experienced plastic surgeon this can be effective for keloids with a narrow "stalk". Wide based keloids don't respond as well. I do not recommend trying this on your own if that's what you're considering. The upside to surgical excision is that the keloid is immediately removed and you do not require multiple visits and multiple replacement of the stitch at the base of the keloid. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon