Whats the Best Least Invasive Surgery for Hair Transplantation?

I have very long forehead and used to pull my hair up very strongly so my hair on my forehead has fallen and never grew again and it shows like small triangle and very obvious !!! Its very irritating esp for iam a female and canot hide it any more ...

Follicular Unit Extraction

+2

I am an exclusive practitioner of the follicular unit extraction technique, which is, without a doubt, the least invasive hair transplant surgery available today. FUE harvests the grafts one by one instead of in a strip. Furthermore, the wound size is only .8 to 1.2 millimeters, thus, overall scarring is visually negligible. You walk away from the surgery with no need for staples or stitches, mild painkillers, a course of antibiotics, and some topical ointment. Within one to two weeks all wounds have healed and scabs have flaked off, typically.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

The least invasive hair transplant surgery is follicular unit extraction

+2

I agree with the other doctors that follicular unit extraction is the least invasive procedure.Using this technique individual units (1-3 hair follicles growing in a tightly packed group - or unit) are removed intact, very precisely using a special surgical device.This leaves a tiny (less than 1mm ) hole that heals in less than 1 week.The extracted follicle are then transplanted to the front by making a tiny puncture in the skin at the hairline.It gives a very natural look (if done properly ) because the hair is transplanted in the natural groupings that it grows in. I would look for Neograft and an experienced hair transplant surgeon. 

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD (in memoriam)
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

What is the least invasive surgery for hair transplantation

+2

YOu are a perfect candidate for follicular unit transplantation.  We use the Neograft device to extract the hair follicles one at a time without any incisions or scars in the donor area.  The grafts are then placed in the small area where you have lost the hair.  The grafts will take 3-6 months to begin growing after the procedure is completed.  The recovery is minimal with little pain and swelling

Paul M. Glat, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Minimally invasive hair surgery is mainly thought to be the FUE method

+2

FUE can be done in many ways with many tools.  Some example include ARTAS, Neograft, Alphagraft and many others.  What really matters when you have a fancy saw, is that the carpenter be good.  So make sure to know your hair transplant doctor.  Some mix it up with lipo and face lifts and other things, some are family doctors by training.  You should look up 2 main things

1-what is the background training - is it dermatology or plastic surgery  (the 2 fields that founded hair restoration)

2-Do they only do FUE or is it a mixed practice that does not focus or do much FUE.   Dedicated FUE centers are rare in the world, but to some patients this is very important. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Hairline Advancement Procedure

+1

Having a long forehead is a very common concern and reason for women to choose to undergo a hair transplant.  The results of these procedures can be quite impressive, and are most importantly very natural in appearance.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline lowering is the best and least invasive.

+1

Hairline lowering is 1 procedure which can be done under local anesthesia and u don't have to wait a year for the hair to be long enough to be several inches long.  See an experienced surgeon for this who is trained in the irregular Trichophytic closure. 

Long forehead , least invasive treatment

+1

If your high forehead is from hair loss and there is a deep recession where you lost hair, follicular unit hair transplantation might be best for you. The results take much longer to achieve than with the hairline lowering operation, but the defect can be filled in precisely. All surgery is invasive. If you want a non invasive solution for you appearance problem, a wig would work nicely. 

You should submit pictures for a more specific answer to your question. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon