The Inside of my Nose is Still Very Stiff 6 Weeks After Septorhinoplasty?

I had primary 6weeks ago and was septum was straightened and has a nose tip reduction. My nose is still feeling sore inside and stiff, I have been back to the surgeon and he says everything is looking good however should I be in discomfort still and my nose feeling very stiff . Thx

Stiff tip after rhinoplasty

+1

After rhinoplasty you should expect stiffness of the tip for several months after surgery. The final shape may take 6 months to 1 year. If the tip is still firms after 2 to 3 months injection of small amounts of local acting steroid may help. You should wait at least 3 months before considering any injections.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Nasal stiffness after septorhinoplasty

+1

In many cases, these surgeries require additional structural support using cartilage grafts and strut grafts to help hold up the tip, and make the result stronger and less prone to problems later.  This can make the nose quite stiff for a year or more.  Ask your surgeon again about what was done and if it explains what you are feeling.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS