Do the injections hurt?

Pain of injections

+1

Pain from injections depends on many factors, from how relaxed you are, to the technique of the physician, to the type of treatment being administered, to whether anesthesia is being used. For Botox, the pain is comparable to a mosquito biteā€¦most people would say it is a 1/10 on a pain score. For fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane which contains lidocaine anesthetic, depending on the part of the face injected, the pain score is typically 2-4/10 pain.  Everyone has different pain tolerance, and people who have had kids or tattoos in particular can easily tolerate cosmetic injections. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Do Artefill injections hurt?

+1

There are different anesthesia techniques that can be used when injecting Artefill, so it may or not involve some amount of pain, depending on the physician injecting it. I would check with any potential physician who may treat you to see what, if any, techniques they may use to lessen any pain from the injection.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon