Does the Injection of Vitrase Hurt? Does the Dissolving Hurt?

I'm getting Vitrase injected to remove filler from my upper lip. Does it hurt? Is it any worse than getting the original filler put in? Does it burn when it dissolves the filler?

Hyaluronidase injection does not hurt

+1

Hyaluronidase injection does not hurt as much as the HA filler injection as it is less vicous. I mix hyaluronidase with lidocaine (a local anesthetic) to make it a nearly painless experience during the injection and in the 48 hours to follow when the hyaluronidase is working to dissolve Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Vitrace in the lip

+1

Greetings~

Don't worry.  The anticipation is often far worse than the procedure itself.  Vitrace is much easier to have done than the filler was. We have found the bets thing for patients prior to injection is actually ice.  If you numb your lips well with ice for a few minutes beforehand you won't have any problem.  The consistency of Vitrace is similar to water, not thick gel like filler.  Most of our patients are pleasantly surprised how uneventful it is have the Vitrace injected.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Vitrase pain

+1

Personally I mix Vitrase with lidocaine when I inject. This allows me to manipulate the area more. There is no pain when it's dissolving the filler. You should see results within 24-48 hours. I recommend patients don't take aspirin pre or post receipt of this injection though, as that can lead to a bit more bruising and/or swelling.

Vitrase is not painful

+1

Vitrase itself does not sting or burn.  If you get an injection in your lip the needle will hurt.  Generally you need far fewer injections for Vitrase than for filler so it should be less painful than the filler injection.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon