How Can the Indentations in my Back Be Fixed? Caused by a Latissimus Breast Reconstruction? (photo)

scarless lattissinus. I also have bulges in my armpit from the muscle being brought under there. What,,if anything, can be done to correct my back? I'm working on losing weight, will that help? Exercise?

Latissimus donor site indentations

+1

Perhaps a scar revison would be helpful to improve the quality of the scar. An exam in person would be essential.

Scars can be treated with fat grafting

+1

Scars that are concave can be treated with scar release and fat grafting.  This could be done at the same time of fat grafting of the latissimus flap to add volume. 

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS