Where Would the Incision Site Be for my Saddlebag Area with SmartLipo?

I am concered about having scars form having SmartLipo and was wanting to know if I just needed the 'saddlebag area'(area right under buttocks on outer area)done where would the incision site be located? Alos, how large are the scars/incision sites for this procedure?

SmartLipo produces remarkable results with minimal scarring

+1

The incisions for liposuction, whether tumescent or laser-assisted (SmartLipo) are very small. In general the scars are hidden in creases and are less that 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch. Several incisions are required for each area being treated so that there is "cross-tunneling" to remove the fat evenly and tapper the edges for a smooth contour. The incisions most frequently heal well and it is very rare to have to go back and revise a scar to improve its appearance.

Smartlipo scars usually very small

+1

The scars from liposuction for saddlebags can usually be confined to small ones under the buttocks crease.  Smart lipo scars are usually only about three mm long.  For saddlebags, the scars from Smartlipo are usually completely a non-issue.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Saddlebag Smartlipo Incision Location

+1

The incision size for a Smartlipo fiberoptic probe is not bigger than that used for any small liposuction cannula, around 5 to 7mms. It will leave a negligible scar and should nolt be a concern no matter where it is placed, Most commonly it is placed at the 10:00 position at the upper saddlebag area.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

SmartLipo is mostly a marketing gimmick.

+1

Hi.

We don't use it because it has no advantages.  Tumescent liposuction has a long track record of safety and it really works.  You need a quarter of an inch long incision near the middle of your back just above the buttock. 

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)