Can the Incision in an Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty Be Used for Inserting and Securing a Supra-orbital Rim Implant?

I have droopy upper eyelids and and I also have no projection on my brow ridge so I would like to know if the blepharoplasty incision can be used for inserting the implants under my eyebrows.

Sure but even without seeing you, I advise great caution with these implants.

+2

Generally, orbital rim implants are not used.  The big problem is that patients are very often not happy with the result of surgery.  Thinking that something might be the right thing is not the same as living with the effects of surgery.  A given surgeon might be able to "sell' on a procedure.  However, in the long run, it is impossible to fool the brain all the time.  Patients tend to be very unhappy with these procedures because often the volume is profoundly overdone.  For this reason, a much more subtle effect with orbital rim Restylane has become much more popular.  Good luck out there.

Blepharoplasty Incision?

+1

Yes, a blepharoplasty incision can be used to place an orbital implant. However the result can be a bit drastic or overwhelming for some patients as they may not fully understand what the outcome will look like. A browpexy can also be done to elevate brows. Without a picture, it’s hard to say for certain what is best for you. I recommend scheduling a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience performing eyelid and brow surgery and who has imaging software to show you what your outcome would be like with different surgeries. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid incision for brow ridge implant placement

+1

The blepharoplasty incision can definitely be used to access the brow ridge, and will provide a nice place to hide the incision. This incision is used to place implants and endotines (which elevate the brows) or perform a browpexy, where the eyebrows are elevated and fixated with sutures.  

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon