What Does the In Office Procedure Include?

I am 3 weeks post breast lift surgery, and I have quite a bite of asymmetry. My PS says that it is just post-op swelling and if at the end of 3 months there is still asymmetry, we can fix it with an "in office" procedure. Can someone please describe the "in office" procedure to me? is there pain? will I have down time?

In office touch up

+1

This is a small procedure usually done under local to correct a small dog ear or remove a little excess skin.It usually takes 30 minutes or so to do.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Asymmetry

+1

If there is a correction to be made in 3 or 6 months, the office procedure described is probably to be performed under local anesthesia.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-photo-galleries.php

Asymmetry of breasts and an in-office procedure

+1

I think you have to ask you surgeon what that means exactly. I have an in-office OR so that may be what he means, or a minor procedure in an exam room?

Touch up procedure following a breast lift surgery

+1

More than likely your plastic surgeon is talking about a touch up procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia.  The amount of down time will be directly related to the extent of the procedure.  Hopefully both will be minor.  It is still very early in your recovery period and it is possible that things will change with some added time. 

Office Procedure After Breast lift

+1

Thank you for the question. After a breast lift it is normal to have some asymmetry. As your breasts continue to heal expect them to change in appearance. Please give your body 6 month to fully heal before you judge your final results. An in office procedure or minor procedure, it is hard o know exactly what your surgeon means. In my office that usually means a procedure under local anesthesia making minor skin adjustments. Why don't you ask your surgeon for clarification?

+1

The best person to describe this would be your surgeon. I would assume your lift was done in an operating room, and the proposed "minor" procedure would be done in the surgeon's office, using local anesthesia. Some surgeons will do only the most minor procedures in the office, some will do rather extensive operations with oral sedation (as in valium and percocet). 

Issues of pain and down time would depend upon what is going to be done, and without knowledge of that, I wouldn't guess.

But your surgeon should be able to describe in any detail that you desire. All the best. 

Revision after breast lift surgery

+1

It is perfectly normal to have breast asymmetry following breast lift surgery. Our bodies and breasts in particular are naturally asymmetric, and it is very common for one side to heal faster than the other. Sometimes one side can be more bruised and swollen. Nipple appearance changes and differences are common at this stage, as are the lower pole contours.  It is way too early in your post operative course to be worried about appearances. Things change dramatically under your clothes for months and even up to 1 year after these surgeries. I would advise patience in this situation. The appearance will likely continue to improve over time. I tell patients that contour improvements continue to improve for 2-6 months, and we don't make any final assessment on the scars before 1 year. I would not advise any major early "revision" unless your doctor advises it for some particular reason and is not just trying to appease you. I do however perform very minor procedures such as "dog-ear" revisions sooner rather than later if there is a skin pucker that is clearly not improving over months of observation. These procedures are simple and straightforward in the office setting. The pain is only initially from the numbing medicine that is injected, and after that it is relatively painless, with only 1-2 weeks of no exercise and protecting the surgical site.