What Would Be the Best Implant for Tuberous Breast Correction?

I'm 15 and I only have one tuberous breasts. My mom agreed that if it sagged more I could get it done. What would be the best implant for the correction. I know that I might need an expander and have to get rid of the tightness at the bottom. I've also heard that silicone implants are excepted for congenital deformites of the breast, is that true?

+2

Tuberous breast deformities in their true form show 1. High riding inframammary folds, 2. Herniated breast tissue into the nipple areolar complex, and 3. A constricted lower pole of the breast. While there are many variations of this deformity an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon is a must. You are correct that sometimes patients are best treated with tissue expansion followed by an implant. Not every patient needs to go to that extreme to fix the problem. Your surgeon will guide you through those decisions. Without seeing pictures it is hard to comment on what your situation is. If this is considered a congenital deformity then yes you are allowed to have silicone implants with the consent of your guardian. The FDA only approved the use of silicone implant devices for women aged 22 and older for cosmetic use. I thing that silicone implants to leave patients with a very nice natural looking and feeling breast. Depending on how much breast tissue you have and if the implant will be placed above or below the muscle you can also have a great result with saline. Discuss pros and cons with your surgeon.

Beast Implant for Reconstruction of Tuberous Breast Deformity

+1

The Beast Implant for Reconstruction of Tuberous Breast Deformity depends on the size and shape of each patient's individual breast.  

Therefore, a consultation is needed to determine which breast implant and technique is best for you.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Tuberous breast deformity

+1

There is no one breast implant that is best for a tuberous deformity. Often with tuberous deformities the base of the breast is tight and needs to be opened up , and the areola is too large and tissue herniates through it.  Best to go for a consult with your parents when you have stopped growing.