Which is the Ideal Breast Implant for Me, 400 Cc or 500 Cc? (photo)

I'm 5.7'' 23 years old never pregnant and i have 36B I have wide back, so my boobs look small, I want to make me a breast implant but I not sure which size is best for me. I want a full D. And like 9 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS, so that maybe explain why my boobs are so small.

"Ideal” Breast Implants?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

One size and model of breast implants will work best for you will best be determined after physical examination and a thorough discussion regarding your goals.

In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.   I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup”  etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. Placing breast implants on top of the skin ( pre-operative “sizing”) is not necessarily accurate either.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Ideal implant

+1

The ideal implant is the one that fits your body's size and tissue charateristics. This can not be determined on line. A 500cc implant would not be ideal if it exceeds the ability of your tissue to cover it and leads to a higher rate of problems.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Ideal breast implant size

+1

The ideal size breast implant for any patient is determined by a number of factors.  Each patient has the desire to look a certain way after surgery. Each patient's body is different and the size implant must be individualized for each patient.  You may not be able to reach the bar or cup size that you want to be because the implant necessary to reach that result may simply be too big for your body.

For this reason it is necessary to meet and discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon who will listen to your goals and examine you and tell you what size range of implants will be appropriate and this is the range you should use. This will certainly make you larger but you may not be the exact cup size you had in mind simply because your individual anatomy may not allow it.

Choosing an implant that is too large can cause a number of problems the majority of which require more surgery to repair. Making a decision that sets you up for more surgery is not ideal. Consult with several plastic surgeons if possible. I would not listen to your friends or family because they do not know what is best for you.  The details of the surgery including selection of breast implant size should be left to the plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Best breasts

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what would be best for you. A consultation with a doctor is important to determine what would be best for you.

Your results are not due to the implants size only

+1

You need to have in person consultation to evaluate your breast tissue and your expectation. Your breast tissue can not handle big implant because of the short distance from nipple to the fold.Your right breast is lower than the left side and this will not be corrected by augmentation.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Right breast implant??

+1

The best implant for you can only be determined by in person consultation. You also need to know that you don't have an easy starting point for a home run result because of the short distance from your crease up to the nipple.  This needs to be considered in choosing the best surgical plan.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS