What to Do with the Hump on my Nose Tip After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty one and a half year ago and the tip of the nose will not go down, before the surgery my nose was splitted on the middle of the tip so they did tight it together but now i have the split sideways on my nose :( It do feel horrible when i smile because the nose tip turn up and seem long. he did also remove alot on the bridge, before my nose was straight and i would still like it to be. what can be done do make it better ? the surgent say i should come back everytime im there.

Options for nasal tip hump after rhinoplasty

+1

The hump in the tip can be further refined with a tip-plasty, which will require exploration and adjustments of the nasal tip cartilages.  Occasionally, some cartilage will need to be removed.  Sometimes the cartilages are sewn together to create more symmetry and occasionally grafts are also added to the nasal tip depending upon the issues.

Undesirable Resulf 1.5 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry you have problems following your rhinoplasty. You have waited 1.5 years; so the nose will not change significantly in the future. The tip should be narrowed and defined. Cartilage should be added to support your tip and to lift the depressed portion lateral to your central boxy tip. I would also add cartilage to your bridge line to improve the  scooped profile. Select an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is always nice to see the pre-ops and the post-ops.  Just from the post-ops it looks like the tip is not well supported and the dorsum needs grafting.  A full exam is  key.

What to Do with the Hump on my Nose Tip After Rhinoplasty?

+1

You have poor tip support, and this is why the tip drops when you smile. Re-supporting the tip with a caudal septal extension graft would solve this. 

There is loss of lateral wall support on the tip, causing the pinched look and the square tip appearance. I would recommend grafting the side walls to address this problem.

Lastly, you need augmentation of the dorsum to raise the bridge. Cartilage would be my first choice.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon