Was the Hump in my Nose Adequately Removed?

It's been about 2 1/2 months since I had an open rhinoplasty to reduce the hump in my nose and give me a smooth profile. Immediately after the cast came off, my nose looked really good although a little "fat" and slightly upturned. However, during the past month or so, the bridge of my nose seems to be re-forming a hump. It's hard and starts immediately after my nose begins to dip down. If I press it down with my fingers, it does seem to go down. I have thick olive skin. Is this just swelling?

Swelling Post Rhinoplasty is common

+1

Dear jbjbelle,

You still have swelling at this point in the recovery phase. In the first three to four months you will see the majority of the swelling approximately 70% dissipate and the remaining 30% takes an entire year. With patients who have olive skin and thicker skin this process may take longer. The best advice is to see your treating surgeon for frequent post operative visits as he/she knows best where you are in the recovery process. Upon direct examination your surgeon will be able to further answer your questions and concerns. Best regards and quick healing! Michael V. Elam, M.D.