What is the healing process after aerola/nipple has turned completely black scab after having explants and breast reduction?

my left aerola/nipple is covered with a black scab that is lifting and coming off and underneath is black and mushy. I am cleaning antibiotic cleanser twice a day and applying gobs of silvadene and covering with a guaze pad. does this sound like a normal healing process?

Black Scab on nipple

+1

A photograph would help us answer your question better, but it sounds like you are having some partial or complete necrosis of the nipple areolar complex. Be sure to follow up with your plastic surgeon often and do the dressing changes as directed. Your plastic surgeon may need to deride (remove necrotic tissue) at some point, but as I said it is difficult to give you specifics without a photograph.

Black Scab on Nipple

+1

I am sorry you are having this problem. You should see your plastic surgeon and insist that he care for the wound. You will heal much faster with the scab and any soft or wet tissue removed.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com