Is the Hardness of the Tip Due to the Cartilage Added?

I am 3 months months post and my tip is still so hard , i don't know if it's because of swelling of because of the cartilage that was added (i don't know the lenght of that cartilage and if it touches the tip ) also will the columella stay hard forever with the presence of that cartilage ?

Is the hardness of the tip due to the cartilage added?

+1

After 3 months, you will still have swelling present that can affect the appearance of your nose and the way your nose feels. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any concerns, as he/she knows the details of your procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Stiff Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

A stiff nose after rhinoplasty is quite common. It typically takes 6 to 9 months for most noses to "soften" up.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is the Hardness of My Nasal Tip A Result Of Cartilage Added?

+1

It takes months for your nose to feel totally normal after Rhinoplasty surgery.  It does not surprise me that you feel hardness in the tip.  The tip is the last place the swelling will disappear.  The important thing is to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon so that he can guide you to complete recovery!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD