What is the Hardest Part of the Nose to "Fix" when Doing a Rhinoplasty ?

Just was curious to know.

Hardest part to fix?

+1

If the surgeon is experienced and know what they are doing, none of it should be hard.  I can tell you the mistakes that I see most commonly in other surgeons' noses.  They are usually errors of under-reduction, which is good because the revision is simpler.  Often the bridge is not reduced enough or the bones not completely broken the way they should be.  Also some surgeons fail to shorten the nose adequately.  Now, not all my noses are perfect, and no surgeons' are.

Hardest part of nose to address in rhinoplasty

+1

The hardest part of the nose to fix is always the tip since this is the part that is the most individualistic and variable depending upon the patient’s original anatomy.  There are hundreds of techniques available to address the different tip anatomy and a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon would be the best person to consult with.

Hardest Part of the Nose to FIx

+1

Although each person has a unique nose and different desires for their appearance, the most difficult part of rhinoplasty for me is a patient who wants their nose to look like someone else's nose - maybe a particular celebrity or a friend's nose.  The best result will always come from understanding your own goals and expectations respective of your own facial features and balance.  Open communication with your plastic surgeon and looking at before and after pictures should help you develop a good understanding of what can be accomplished by your doctor.  Surgically speaking,  it can be very difficult to correct a rhinoplasty that has  a poor result; damage to cartilage or having removed too much of the tip is challenging for most surgeons to be able to repair. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Hardest Part of Nose to Fix

+1

There is no answer to our question because every nose is different and challenging. In 35 years of rhinoplasty surgery I've never done the identical procedure on 2 noses. For you the most difficult part is selecting an experienced surgeon whose noses you like.   

Rhinoplasty: Is it difficult?

+1

Thank you for your question. There is no answer to this as every rhinoplasty case has its own degree of complications and uniqueness. The key point is to find a surgeon that you are comfortable with that has the knowledge and training to be able to both verbally and physically show you the end result.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hi,

Cosmetic Rhinoplasty is the hardest procedure in cosmetic surgery. Everyone has a different nose and different desires so it all depends on what needs to be changed.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

The hardest part of the nose to fix is the part that someone else tried to fix.

+1

There is no one single part of the nose that is more difficult to fix than another.  Good rhinoplasty results require experience and good technique.

By far the hardest thing to fix is a rhinoplasty with poor results.  "Re-do" rhinoplasty surgery is by far the hardest.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon