Are the Hard/painful Lumps Normal and How Long for Them to Go Away?

I had VASER lipo completed 4 weeks ago. It seems like every odd day I look great and every even day I look like crap. I know that my recovery is long however I don't remember being told about the painful hard lumps. I am eating right, excercising and feel skinny however look like crap. My Dr. told me to wear my compression for 3-weeks 24-hours a day. I certainly felt much better with it on and wonder if I should put it back on. I wonder if it would help he bumps? Any recommendations??

Hello

+1

In our practice we have our patients wear the compression garment for at least 3 months after surgery. We also recommend that they message the area where you feel the lumps to break down the scar tissue. Without an exam its really hard to be more accurate.

Wear the garment

+1

It is normal for there to be some lumps in the initial stages following Vaser Liposuction, however they will go away with time. Some swelling may persist up to 6 months after this procedure and in most cases patients benefit from wearing the compression garmet for several months post-surgery. I generally reccomend that my patients wear the garment for 4-6 months after Vaser Lipsuction and it can still still help even if worn only at times.

Andrew Y. Kleinman, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Post-lipo care and garments

+1

Hard lumps can develop after vaserr lipo, massage and lymphatic drainage may help. A compression garment may be beneficial, but you should speak with your surgeon.

Post-lipo care is essential to proper recovery

+1

VASER lipo delivers a great deal of heat into the tissue and creates a deep burn that produces a great deal of tissue fluid or seroma. This is especially true if the VASER is used on aggressive settings such as continuous or 90-100%. In our practice, we used first and then a second stage guarment with 3 weeks of intensive post-lipo care which remove all fluid and allow for a more predictable and natural looking soft tissue healing and skin contraction.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon