If the Hairs Aren't Falling out on Their Own Does That Mean It Didn't Work?

I had one session under my arms with the LightSheer Duet. I had spray tanned the night before, not knowing that can affect it. The staff and doctor were aware of this, but said since it was so light they didn't expect it to affect the laser. The hair has grown out a bit, and I was under the impression it was suppose to sort of just fall out as it grew. It is securely rooted just like normal though, so I had to shave it. Is this normal, or should it have fallen out if the laser had worked?

Hairs not falling out after Laser Hair Removal

+3

Laser hair removal treatments with "longer pulse" durations may leave behind many hairs which appear to “grow” following treatment. These “growing” hairs are dislodged from the hair follicle and require 1-2 weeks to be completely shed. Any method of epilation can be used to hasten their removal.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon