Does the Hairmax Work?

I am a 53 year old man and my hair density is less as is the diameter of the strands. I have started using propecia, and was wondering if using the laser hair comb by hairmax may work

Low level laser therapy (LLLT)

+1
Based on a Jan 2014 study in the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, there is little doubt this medical device helps hair follicles

The double blind sham controlled study showed that the device in question helped improve hair density a bit and had no side effects. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Do Lasers work for Hair Loss?

+1

Lasers can be very effective for hair loss but it has to be managed properly.

The first thing I look for when a patient comes in for consultation is "miniaturized follicles"

Our Luce lasers turn the majority of these "mini" hairs back to a good strong growing hair.

It would be a good idea to have a consultation with a Doc in your area that has 

knowledge of lasers and hair loss and get his opinion of what is happening on your scalp.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairmax and Hair Regrowth

+1

Hairmax is a laser comb used to treat hair loss. I am very skeptical about the benefit of lasers in treating hair loss. The results shown are very meager and unimpressive typically. As they have not been found to cause any harm, I do not dissuade my patients from using them. I would, however, manage your expectations during use for regrowth.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Comb and hair loss

+1

In our practice, the Bosley Laser Comb is used in the overall strategy for combating hair loss. By itself, it has shown some impressive and positive results. Of course, once purchased, you have to actually use it for it to work.  We like combining it in either a preoperative or postoperative regimen that includes hair restoration surgery, professional strength hair care products, Rogaine topical, and Propecia.  Some or all of these products may be right for you.  In order to get a better gauge of what options are available to you, please come in for an complimentary in-person consultation.  As always, we present medical and surgical options for you based on your hair loss, genetics, overall health, finances, etc.  Similar to facial rejuvenation, there is no one magic bullet for everyone's needs.  Some need dermal fillers, some need Botox, some need a facelift/browlift/neck left/eyelid lift, some need laser resurfacing, some need chemical peels.  In reality, some need all of these modalities, some need less.  

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon