Can I Go to the Gym Without my Spandex I'm 8weeks Post Tt?

I have been back to the gym for the last 2 weeks I'm 8weeks post tt muscle repair and liposuction of the flanks I am now not wearing my spandex garment and wonder if it is safe to go to the gym without although I do swell at night and put it back on for bed

Exercise After Tummy Tuck

+2

At 8 weeks postop it is safe to return to exercise.  After resuming exercise you may notice that your swelling increases. This is normal for the first 2-4 months. Thereafter it resolves.  You may still need compression to reduce this swelling if it occurs.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

+2

Most surgeons ask their patients to wear compression for 6 weeks. I find that patients wear them for a longer period for comfort. 

I would have no objection to going to the gym without compression, but I would suggest running the question by your surgeon, who knows what was done, and has followed your recovery.

Restrictions on Gym 8 weeks after Tummy Tuck

+1

Provided your recovery has not had any complications, at 8 weeks your wound should be completely healed and you do not need to wear your garments any more and you can work out without concern.

Spandex after 8 weeks

+1

I prefer my patients to wear a garment for 3-6 weeks after surgery.  You should ask your surgeon about his post-op garment requirements.

Postoperative activity after a tummy tuck is determined by your surgeon.

+1

This is not really a proper form to get alternative opinions about postoperative restrictions. Your convalescence is the responsibility of your surgeon and you should listen to what he recommends.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm