What is the general recovery time for a full, skin-only tummy tuck? I am a male in my 30's, 190 pounds.

This was recommended as a program for me to assist in a lipo revision case. I have a desk job so how long before I can go to work and how long before I can return to my normal athletic lifestyle playing volleyball, tennis, and softball. I am a male by the way...35 years old. I'm trying to weigh this option vs. just having micro lipo done with fat grafting alone.

Recovery Time after Male Tummy Tuck

+1
Within a few hours following surgery, skin only and full abdominoplasty patients will walk in a slightly bent-over position. Strenuous activity and lifting of more than 10 pounds should be avoided for six weeks after surgery. Most patients are able to return to work and daily activities within two weeks of surgery.
It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Our expert surgeons can tell you specifically how long your recovery will take.

Activity after tummy tuck

+1
You should plan to be off work for 2-3 weeks and begin cardio type physical activity at 3-4 weeks. You should wait until about 6 weeks before doing any strenuous physical activity (like lifting weights, abdominal crunches).  

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Abdominoplasty

+1
If you are not having work done on the fascia, your recovery is much faster. i would estimate you can be back to full activities at six weeks

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon