What is the general recovery time for a full, skin-only tummy tuck? I am a male in my 30's, 190 pounds.

This was recommended as a program for me to assist in a lipo revision case. I have a desk job so how long before I can go to work and how long before I can return to my normal athletic lifestyle playing volleyball, tennis, and softball. I am a male by the way...35 years old. I'm trying to weigh this option vs. just having micro lipo done with fat grafting alone.

Activity after tummy tuck

+1
You should plan to be off work for 2-3 weeks and begin cardio type physical activity at 3-4 weeks. You should wait until about 6 weeks before doing any strenuous physical activity (like lifting weights, abdominal crunches).  

Abdominoplasty

+1
If you are not having work done on the fascia, your recovery is much faster. i would estimate you can be back to full activities at six weeks

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon