Does the Gemini Laser Get Rid of Pores and Even the Skin Tone? Does Ipl Do the Same?

Gemini Laser and IPL

+1

Thank you for your question. The IPL will do a good job on skin tone, but not much for pores.  If you use the Gemeni and utilize both the 532 and 1064 elements, you will see tone improved, and slight pore improvement.  For pores, I like using Retin-A or a Retinol.  It is cheaper, and is a good collagen builder.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser surgery for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Pore size and laser

+1

neither IPL nor Gemini laser would be expected to make pores disappear.  Pores are structural voids of epithelium that are shaped as cones.  the deeper they are, the narrower they are.  Sometimes I have found that Fraxel laser can help diminish the appearance of pores but it does not happen with all patients and there can be no guarantee of results. I have never seen pores to go away completely.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/fraxel/index.html