1/2 a Centimeter Gap in Front Teeth. Options?

If the Gap in Your Two Front Teeth is About Half a Centimetre Can Two Veneers Help Close the Gap

Veneers to close gap between anterior teeth

+1

5 mm gap seems a little too wide to be covered with veneers. However, you should get a consult with the dentist who specializes on aesthetic cases. Usually before the treatment in such situation the wax-up is performed to see how the gap can be covered.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers to close gap between front teeth

+1

Based on the information provided I would use veneers to close your gap.  In my office we would take photos and impressions and have the laboratory do a mock up of the expected result so you can have a better idea of what the end result would be. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Veeners to close gap between front teeth

+1

Veneers would be a good option to close the gap but make sure your dentist does a mock up or creates an image to show you what they would look like after placed in your mouth. Veneers are expensive and maybe you will find the teeth look to wide after you see the veneers,. You want them to close the gap but be in proportion to the rest of your teeth. You may need more than two to create a smile you like. That being said, you can try a less invasive and a cheaper way, which would be bonding the teeth to close the gap. This works very well at considerably less cost. Its longevity is not the same as veneers but depending on what you are looking for, I would explore both possiblities! 

Robert Fields, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers to Close Gap Between Front Teeth

+1

Veneers can be an excellent choice to close spaces between front teeth.  How wide the teeth will look that will be veneered needs to be evaluated to be sure they will still have a natural look prior to beginning.  You have to be careful adding width to teeth especially if they are short as you will lose the natural ratio between length and width and not be happy with result.

Donald L. Wilcox, DDS
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist