Can I Get the Gap in my Front Teeth Reopened After Having Crowns Placed?

I have always had a gap between my 2 front teeth, last year I got my front teeth crowned I specifically asked my dentist to retain my gap. Reason being, I thought it was beautiful my mom has one & I had one(we matched!). Unfortunately the space she left is only big enough to floss & I now hate my front teeth, I'm self-conscious when I smile & I don't like that feeling. What are my options at this point? I plan to have extensive work done in my mouth on vacation(implants in the back). Pls Advise

I Want My Gap Reopened Between My Front Teeth

+1

It would not be a problem to have the gap reestablished between your front two teeth.  This would probably require you to replace the crowns.  Good luck.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Can I open the gap?

+1

Yes you can. You can have new crowns made with the space present, You can do air rotor slenderizing and leave crowns present and open the gap up, you can consider orthodontics to make a larger space good luck

Kevin Coughlin DME, MBA, MAGD       CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Reopening Front Gap After Crowns Placed

+1

Very often, it is possible to regain some space between 2 front crowns. A lot depends on the materials used and the thickness of the present crowns. But the short answer is YES, you can widen the gap slightly with the crowns in place.

New York Cosmetic Dentist