I have a large nose which was broken last Ocotober. What changes would you suggest to fix the look of my nose? (photos)

Hello !!Plz for all doctors and everyone I need your help on what is the best for my nose . I don't like since I was 10years old now I'm 30years old .its time to be happy and stop hiding or thinking all the time ppl just look my nose. I have a big bump when I smile my tip drop .i got hit last October on my nose so my breath also is bad  and it looks worse than before. Thank

Nasal analysis

+3
There are several things that can be improved in your nose during rhinoplasty. It's difficult to assess from your photos but it appears that you ethnicity is originally either South Asian, Middle Eastern, Persian, Hispanic or from a Mediterranean country. This should be taken into consideration during your rhinoplasty as your nose should be congruous with your facial features - it is so important not to overdo your rhinoplasty, that is, your nose can't be too small, too upturned, or have a bridge that is too scooped out. That being said, from the front view, you have a crooked nose with deviation of the bridge and tip to your right, a plunging tip due most likely to poor tip support and a strong depressor septi nasi muscle. Your tip is poorly defined and due to the underrotation of your nose, the infratip lobule (lower half of the tip) is disproportionately short compared to the upper half of the tip. From the profile view, you have a large dorsal hump (bump) with significant fullness of the supratip (area just above the tip) and this exaggerates the droopy appearance of your tip. Additionally, your columellar-labial and columellar-lobular angles are quite flat, giving you a more masculine lip-to-tip relationship. It is difficult to tell about nostril asymmetries or alar flaring (the width of the lower part of the nose and a basal (worm's eye, from below looking up) view would help complete the picture.

The major goals of surgery would be to straighten the nose in the frontal view, create a straight profile with more feminine tip shape and rotation, and improve any structural abnormalities (deviated septum) that are contributing to your breathing difficulty.

One final point is that you may also benefit from chin augmentation as your chin appears somewhat softer relative to your upper lip, nose and forehead.

You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon and get an evaluation in person.

Rhinoplasty or nose reshaping surgery is a great way to improve the shape of your nose and your breathing at the same time

+1
Thank you for your questions and photos.  It appears as though you can get an excellent result from a rhinoplasty.  I have performed many rhinoplasties and I frequently combine the procedure with other procedures to improve your breathing.  These extra procedures are sometimes even covered by insurance.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for broken nose

+1
As other plastic surgeons and rhinoplasty specialists have already stated, you likely have a deviated septum which is contributing to your nasal breathing issue. While common on its own, a deviated septum can occur after an injury. A rhinoplasty for you would likely involve reducing the bump, narrowing and elevating the tip, and straightening the deviated septum. Your rhinoplasty may be peformed via closed approach too. If you haven't already, then speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chabnoki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure would involve shaving down the hump which  consists of both bone and cartilage. Medial and lateral osteotomies are required to narrow and straighten the fractured  Nasal bones.
A septoplasty may be required to improve the breathing problems out of the nose if there is a fractured cartilage or bone in the back of the nose blocking air flow.
Both procedures can be performed simultaneously under one anesthetic.  The Rhinoplasty is paid for by the patient, while septoplasty is billed to the patient's medical insurance  once medical necessity has been documented.

I have a large nose which was broken last Ocotober. What changes would you suggest to fix the look of my nose?

+1
Seek ONLY INPERSON evaluations from boarded surgeons in your city/state. Than you can do a full rhinoplasty.///

How to fix a broken nose

+1
Your nose has significant cartilaginous hump, drooping tip, low radix, big tip, deviated bridge, and less defined tip with probable septal deviation. These can all be corrected aesthetically and functionally with septo rhinoplasty which will cover the following procedures:
  • osteotomy
  • tipplasty
  • radix graft
  • hump contouring
  • septoplasty
You may also consider adding forward projection for your chin as your profile shows markedly lack of projection.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes to a large nose

+1
To get a complete answer it would be necessary to evaluate you.  You do have a large dorsal hump and would do well to have this reduced.  I would agree that you would do well to have spreader grafts placed and also a caudal strut.  The tip could also be refined somewhat.

Michael Sundine, MD

Rhinoplasty options

+1
You need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated and discuss with your surgeon the things that bother you.  But you look like a good candidate.

You need a rhinoplasty with possible septoplasty and a spreader graft

+1
You seem to be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. Since you mention that you have problems breathing this can be corrected at the same time. If you broke your nose you probably need a septoplasty and I would usually do a spreader graft to hold the upper lateral cartilages open as well.
A consultation would be the next step. If you came to me I would then examine you thoroughly and discussed the options. I would also modify your pictures with you on the computer so that we ensure that we are on the same page with the goal. This can also be done by email if necessary if you provide good photographs.
A rhinoplasty will give you a dramatic improvement in the contour of your nose.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can improve nasal appearance and function

+1
You appear to be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. The hump and be lowered, the muscle that pulls the tip down can be released, and your breathing can likely be improved. It would not surprise me if you also have a deviated septum, which would need to be straightened. Straightening the septum should help your breathing.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon