Can You Get the Flu Mist 2 Months After a Rhinoplasty?

I had a closed rhinoplasty about two months, or 9 weeks ago. I was wondering if it was safe to use the flu mist vaccine?

Flu mist two months post-rhinoplasty?

+1

If, during your rhinoplasty, there was nothing done to the septum, getting the flu mist should not be a problem.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Flu Mist After Closed Rhinoplasty at 9 Weeks

+1

Unless you had some complicated healing, the flu mist should be ok to use at 9 weeks after rhinoplasty.  An internal exam can confirm healing of the incisions.

Flu Mist after Rhinoplasty

+1

The biggest concern is whether the mucosa inside of the nose is stable enough to absorb the vaccine. It is my impression if the rhinoplasty was done 2 months ago you should be fine (especially if no internal work was done).

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Flu mist after rhinoplasty

+1

I allow my patients to receive the Flu mist vaccine 6 weeks after rhinoplasty unless there is an obvious mucosal defect. In fact, before moving to Hawaii I practiced in an area with a high prevalence of influenza and provided the vaccine for my post op patients. However, this is something you should discuss with your surgeon.

John C. Ferguson, MD
Honolulu Facial Plastic Surgeon