Can You Get the Flu Mist 2 Months After a Rhinoplasty?

I had a closed rhinoplasty about two months, or 9 weeks ago. I was wondering if it was safe to use the flu mist vaccine?

Flu mist two months post-rhinoplasty?

+1

If, during your rhinoplasty, there was nothing done to the septum, getting the flu mist should not be a problem.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Flu Mist After Closed Rhinoplasty at 9 Weeks

+1

Unless you had some complicated healing, the flu mist should be ok to use at 9 weeks after rhinoplasty.  An internal exam can confirm healing of the incisions.

Flu Mist after Rhinoplasty

+1

The biggest concern is whether the mucosa inside of the nose is stable enough to absorb the vaccine. It is my impression if the rhinoplasty was done 2 months ago you should be fine (especially if no internal work was done).

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Flu mist after rhinoplasty

+1

I allow my patients to receive the Flu mist vaccine 6 weeks after rhinoplasty unless there is an obvious mucosal defect. In fact, before moving to Hawaii I practiced in an area with a high prevalence of influenza and provided the vaccine for my post op patients. However, this is something you should discuss with your surgeon.

Honolulu Facial Plastic Surgeon