What Would Be the Best Way to Fix my Crooked Smile? (photo)

When I was about 4 years old I fell into an underground baseball dugout. My face was bruised and swollen for months. My Smile has been crooked ever since then. I druel sometimes when I speak and I'm constantly biting the inside of my mouth/cheek. Wha type of prcedure should be done and what is the price range for the procedure? Would this be something that my insurance would cover?

Answers

+2

So, from your pictures it's not clear what your teeth look like. What I can tell from your pictures is that your lip doesn't move the same amount between the right and left sides. That can be due to scar tissue, nerve damage, or improper healing. I think that is the first step into getting the smile you want. You may need other dentistry, but that cannot be diagnosed with these pictures. I would see a very good facial plastic surgeon or a really good oral surgeon to help diagnose and offer solutions to fix your smile. An option could be to use botox to the right side and that would help the lip move uniformly, but you would end up with a situation where you don't show much at all when you smile which may make you look pre-maturely older. I hope this helps.

Baltimore Cosmetic Dentist

What Would Be the Best Way to Fix a Crooked Smile

+1

It is hard to tell from the photos, but consider doing braces or porcelain veneers. Orthodontist consultation are mostly free and that will be the most conservative approach. You do not have to do the metal brackets if you are a good candidate for clear braces (Invisalign), the ortho dentist will tell you how much and how long you will be in braces, all the problems you mentioned above will be taken care of. Now, veneers are a great option too,but costly and not so conservative, because you will remove some tooth structure to have space for porcelain. We have patients that have done both procedures to get the perfect smile they always dreamed of.

Pamela Marzban, DDS
Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers might be a good option

+1

Dear patient If you have had this since you were 4 years, i think you deserve it now,i would like to check you up clinically,to see why and how much of hte cheek you are bitting, provably by changing the angle of the teeth on that side might help,i have seeing cases like yours ,and there is sucess,on my opinion,veneers would be an option,to change size,shape and even color, Need to check you up,clinically to quote you,and i think insurances pay only if its an emergency.check with your insurance if your dental plan includes veneers,depends on dental plan you have,and company.And about your cheek there is also some plastic surgeons methods to lift it up,from the inside, i would like to check if there is sensitivity,there or that area its numb, due to the accident you had,and swelling,clinically also measure how much we can gain doing a muscle face lift on that side to make it look even from the other side,this measurment its made with a clinometer, that milimetrically tells us how much it needs to be moved

German Arzate, DDS, MS
Mexico Cosmetic Dentist