What is the Best Fix for my Sagging Breasts? (photo)

I'm 20 years old, 5'7" and 120 pounds, around a 28ff bra size, and have never had children. I'm not exactly sure what caused my sagging breasts, but all I want to know now is the best way to fix it. Would a breast lift alone be okay, or would it be better with implants too? I don't mind either way, I might prefer to get implants but am still unsure about that. I just want to find the best option for me before making a conclusive decision. Thank you.

Best Lift for Large Sagging Breasts

+5

Thank you for your question. Certainly a Breast Lift or Dermal Mastopexy will lift your nipple and give your Breast a nice shape. You have enough Breast tissue for a lift alone.

However, often after a lift alone patients complain that they do not have enough fullness above the nipple and cleavage. In these cases a small implant will help.

Find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for advice.

Best Fix for Sagging Breasts

+1

Larger breasted women certainly retain enough volume in their breasts after a lift to still fill a decent cup size.  However, a breast lift will not result in an increase in the upper pole volume.  The tissues simply will not stay in the area close to the collar bone.  This is where an implant comes in handy.  The implant will increase the volume in this area and give a much rounder appearance to the breast.

I also remind my patients to keep in mind that there is only so much weight we can add to the breasts before putting too much pressure on the back and shoulders. Your surgeon should advise you on how best to meet your expectations without causing any unnecessary discomfort.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

+1

A breast lift would definitely help your contours and give you the lift you want.  Adding implants would increase upper pole fullness, but do not forget that it makes your bra bigger.

Mastopexy for Sagging Breasts

+1

You have a number of choices available to you. One option to consider is to potentially wait to have any surgery done to your breasts until after you’re done having children. Pregnancy will change the shape, form and possibly the size of your breasts. Delaying surgery until later may save you an additional procedure. That may, however, not be an option that appeals to you (or to most women in your situation for that matter). Consequently, I would seriously consider a mastopexy (breast lift) without implants. The appearance of you breasts with improve dramatically and your apparent cup size will probably decrease even without a reduction. I wouldn’t have implants placed just yet unless you absolutely sure you want to be larger than you are. Performing a mastopexy with implants is a more difficult procedure then a mastopexy alone. Implants can always be added at a later date which offers more predictability to the both the mastopexy and the augmentation. What’s more, you may very well find that you don’t really need or want implants.

Alexander G. Nein, MD

Breast Lift and Breast Reduction

+1
In younger patients with rather large and droopy breasts it is rather important to find out a little more about patients developmental history. In someone that’s quite young and rather thin with significant breast enlargements it might not be appropriate to place an implant at the time of breast breast surgery. It appears that you have an adequate amount of breast tissue to achieve more attractive, more symmetrical and uplifted breasts without an implant. There are a number of other considerations to discuss in your particular case. Make sure you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with lots of experience with Breast Surgery. Do not by shy about asking to see lots of before and after photos, so that you can judge the surgeon’s work.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

You are a good candidate for a breast lift, but I do not ink you need implants as well.  Your breasts will be large enough without implants.  Just be aware of the scars that are involved as well as the risk of loss of nipple sensation or the possibility that you will not be able to breast feel if you have the surgery.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast lift will serve you well.

+1

Your breasts are plenty big and you do not "need" implants.  A vertical breast lift would improve your shape and nipple position and might preserve you ability to breast feed a baby (but no guarantees).  Having breast implants would set you up for probably 2 -3 revisions over your lifetime.  Implants are great for flat women but that would not be you!

Do not fear the vertical scar of a vertical breast lift.  It almost always heals well and fades with time and is WELL worth it for the improvement in shape.

One word of caution - childbearing and breast feeding may make you sag again.  If that happens, a breast lift can be repeated.  In a perfect world, all cosmetic breast surgery would be done after a woman has had her family but you are only 20 and I am sure you want to look better now!  IMO a vertical lift is the way to go.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Breast lift will be pleasing to most patients

+1

Your breasts display a significant amount of sagginess, but appear to have quite adequate size.  You should consider a breast lift provided you do not scar poorly.   Doing a breast lift with an augmenation will often lead to more potential for complications as well as a lifetime of dealing with two large medical devices inside you..  Placing a large implant and then doing a breast lift will place much more tention on the incisions causing the scars to spread more after surgery.  This can result in poor scarring.  I would recommend doing a breast lift first and if not full enough then do an augmenation later after the scar have healed well.

George H. Landis, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction / Breast lift possibilities

+1

You have a moderate degree of breast sagging.  If you want to make your breast smaller and lifted then a mastopexy would be a good option.  You could consider a procedure known as a vertical mastopexy with a dermal pedicle autoaugmentation.  This uses your existing breast tissue to form a new breast and the nipple is elevated to its proper condition by a lollipop type incision.