Will the Filler Cause a Gap in my Face?

Will the filler cause a gap in my face? Is that true that one might need increasing amount of filler as time went by? And it cause by the filler?

Fillers in the face

+2

Fillers are great products to use in the face, and as they dissolve, you will need more product.  Keeping up with it is a good idea.

Will filler cause a gap in my face?

+2

Over time your face will naturally lose volume. This is what people try to inhibit with fillers - facial volume loss. You won't need more filler in the future because you got filler before, but simply because you will continue to have more volume loss over time. It's the nature of aging.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Fillers

+2

In general, using fillers should not cause you to need more filler in the future. However, you will continue to loose volume as you age and this may result in the need for more fillers with age.  As for causing gaps, I have never heard of this. 

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Product is temporary

+1

As the product is metabolized, your dermal atrophy will return. Refilling at that time is your best option for keeping the volume. Best of luck

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Fillers in the Face

+1
This has never been proven, that you will need more filler the more it is used, as there is no real “gap” created, rather the filler fills in between tissue planes.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will the Filler Cause a Gap in my Face?

+1

In general, filler use should not cause any further deterioration in the tissues over time, but many of these are temporary.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Will Juvederm cause a Gap in your face?

+1

Your question is not entirely clear to me,  but I think you are asking if getting filler will make you worse in the future, or if you will require more as time goes? As we age we lose volume anyway so naturally you may require more volume replacement over time but you will not be worse for having had filler in the past.  In fact, there are some studies that suggest the fillers are collagen stimulating.  Juvederm can last up to a year or more and breaks down gradually so you don't have to worry about looking worse for having done it. You will gradually return to normal unless you add more to maintain it.

Sam Naficy, MD

Fillers in the face

+1

Fillers do not stop the aging process, but they do add volume to help reduce the signs of getting older. The older you are, the more filler you will need to achieve correction. That fact is independent of whether or not you receive fillers. Fillers are temporary and do not cause depressions or gaps in the face after they dissolve. The wrinkles simply start to reappear. 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon