What Can I Do with the Fat Pockets my Chin Implant Has Created on my Regular Jaw? (photo)

Is it typical to have two small excess fat pockets where my chin implant meets my regular jaw? It looks like all the fat from my jaw line got pushed up when the implant was inserted. The left side actually has an indentation a lot more than the right, but even if I get a filler, there will still be a small amount of fat bump left there. Is there anything you can recommend I do now to smooth it back into place? Or for fat removal - lasers, lipo etc...?

Jawline Bumps after Chin Implant Augmentation

+1

What you are experiencing after chin implant augmentation is not typical. It would be helpful to know what style and size chin implant you have in place since the source of the problem is the implant it would be most logical that the solution may be also.

Jowl fat prominence after chin augmentation

+1
In patient with prominent jowl fats, chin implant must encompass the entire chin and also have prejowl's segment to avoid the depression seen in your pictures. Fillers should improve this before considering surgery.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

Would recommend re-examination of the preoperative pictures and the postoperative pictures, doing good analysis. Communicate with your surgeon about the expected results and what you want and desire. Then a revision surgery.

Jaw contour after chin implant

+1

The best initial approach to this situation would be to replace the present chin implant with one that has a different design. A more extended implant may be better. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon