What Can I Do with the Fat Pockets my Chin Implant Has Created on my Regular Jaw? (photo)

Is it typical to have two small excess fat pockets where my chin implant meets my regular jaw? It looks like all the fat from my jaw line got pushed up when the implant was inserted. The left side actually has an indentation a lot more than the right, but even if I get a filler, there will still be a small amount of fat bump left there. Is there anything you can recommend I do now to smooth it back into place? Or for fat removal - lasers, lipo etc...?

Jawline Bumps after Chin Implant Augmentation

What you are experiencing after chin implant augmentation is not typical. It would be helpful to know what style and size chin implant you have in place since the source of the problem is the implant it would be most logical that the solution may be also.

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

Jowl fat prominence after chin augmentation

In patient with prominent jowl fats, chin implant must encompass the entire chin and also have prejowl's segment to avoid the depression seen in your pictures. Fillers should improve this before considering surgery.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1441 Avocado
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Chin Implant

Would recommend re-examination of the preoperative pictures and the postoperative pictures, doing good analysis. Communicate with your surgeon about the expected results and what you want and desire. Then a revision surgery.

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Jaw contour after chin implant

The best initial approach to this situation would be to replace the present chin implant with one that has a different design. A more extended implant may be better. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

3324 Webster Street
Oakland, CA 94609