Will the Fat Move to a Different Area That Isn't Treated After Using CoolSculping by Zeltiq?

Coolsculpting reduces fat but can't prevent you from gaining more weight

+1

Similar to liposuction, coolsculpting is not a replacement for diet and exercise. If one's weight is excessive but stable, that means that the calories consumed per day are more than that which is needed for the resting metabolism (energy for our body to function (heart beating, breathing, etc) and voluntary muscular activity (walking, carrying and lifting, exercise, etc.). If someone loses a good deal of fat with either liposuction or coolsculpting, but doesn't increase their exercise or reduce their calories, then fat will get deposited in their body. Some of that fat will return to the area that underwent coolsculpting or liposuction. When small stubborn bulges of fat are treated in a patient who is in good medical condition, and their weight is stable, probably no further fat will be stored after coolsculpting.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Fat Will Not Move To A Different Area With CoolSculpting

+1

CoolSculpt was developed by Harvard Scientists and is a clinically proven procedure with thousands of happy patients that involves freezing fat cells without damage to your skin. A Vacuum pressure is used to pull targeted areas between cooling plates that over a period of an hour cause fat cells to begin a process called cryolipolysis. This breakdown of the fat cells is complete over a period of 2 to 4 months, during and after you will see a reduction in the size of the treated areas.

Will My Fat Move After Coolsculpting?

+1

Hi,

I get this question several times a day!  I recently met with the head research engineers at Zeltiq the manufacturers of Coolsculpting and discussed this question in depth.  Essentially you have a set amount of fat cells in your body.  With Coolsculpting you are permanently removing a percentage of the fat cells in the treated area.  As long as you maintain a healthy weight, you will not see fat return to treated areas.  If you overeat, the fat will got to whichever fat cells are remaining in your body but it doesn't cause migration of fat from your treated areas.  In fact, we have seen clinically in the office and confirmed in the lab, that patients that have gained weight have shown that the area of Coolsculpting has not gotten bigger.

Dr. Liu

Web reference: http://www.newportcoastdermatology.com

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting removes treated fat permanently.

+1

Coolsculpting permanently destroys about 25% of the fat in the area treated. Fat can not travel to other areas of the body. If you gain weight,  fat cells in your body will enlarge. This happens whether or not you have Coolsculpting or liposuction. It is very important to remember to have a healthy lifestyle and only treat diet and exercise resisitant fat.

Web reference: http://www.casas.md/coolsculpting/

Permanent fat reduction with Coolsculpting

+1

The short answer is CoolSculpting is very effective in removing fat permanently as is liposuction.  I had it performed on myself to prove that it works. Remember, Coolsculpting is not a substitute for good diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss procedure. It is very effective to resistant fat bulges around the abdomen and waistline. Some people use it off label for other areas such as the thighs. However, if you add weight, you will add weight everywhere including the treated area (but in less proportion) Fat does not move around. Many patients have been very pleased with their results. Coolsculpting is for those who do not want an invasive procedure.

There is No cutting, No needles, No downtime, No garments, No sedation / meds with coolsculpting.

Web reference: http://www.georgiaplastic.com/non-surgical-procedures-atlanta/coolsculpting/