Is the fat injected into the muscle? And what happens if I work out 3x a week?

I want to get it done. but what happens if I work out

Fat injection ot buttocks what layers

+1

The fat is injected into multiple layers of the muscle and the subcutaneous tissue. Exercising will impact the result initially. Uusally you want to give it some time to heal before starting vigorous workouts.

Fat injection to the butt

+1

Dear Ladydon,

It realy does not matter where you inject the fat because the sad reality is that fat injection to the the butt does not last beyond 6 - 12 months. This opinion of mine is based on many patients who came to my surgery center for butt implants after having fat injection to the butt by other surgeons. Fat injection to the butt is physiologically illogical, because it is impossible to expect such a large amount of fat to survive without circulation. If fat injection would have been such a good procedure, breast implants would have disappeared from the market... Your best option for butt enlargement is butt implants. The implants do not disappear and they give you the size and shape of your desire. Consult with board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of butt implants surgery. Check the before and after to make sure that you like the results.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lifts and injection of fat into the muscle

+1

Yes, fat is injected at every layer of the buttock. I suspect that the fat injected as a graft into the looser layers under the skin shows better but doesn't take as well. Exercising effects the whole body not just the area being used. That is a workout myth. As long as your weight stays within a certain limit constant, you will maintain your shapely result.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

+1

Much of the fat is injected into the muscle, but some of the fat is injected to contour and improve texture.

I have performed this procedure on thinner people, fitness competitors, and bodybuilders. Only at extremely low levels of body fat does the result diminish. And it returns when the body fat increases again. Exercise is fine. Maintaining a healthy weight is fine.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL with Fat injected into muscle

+1

When performing a BBL procedure, the majority of the fat should be injected into the gluteus muscle. The reason being is that the muscle has the best blood supply and therefore you will keep the majority of the fat injected. The subcutaneous tissue has less blood supply then the muscle so less fat will survive. When fat is taken from one area of the body and injected into another, the fat needs a good blood supply for it to survive in order to obtain the oxygen and nutrients for survival. Typically, most people will keep 70-80% of the viable fat that is injected, but it depends on other factors as well.

As far as working out, you cannot work out for 6 weeks after the operation. Doing so before hand can decrease the amount of fat you keep. You cannot sit for 10 days and must sleep on your stomach for one month.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon