What is the fastest and best surgical and/or non-surgical treatment for saggy skin under the eyes that gives immediate results?

I am 44 and went to a plastic surgeon to have something done with my saggy skin under my eyes, which has always been my main concern. I also wanted something done with the wrinkles in my forehead. She gave me an eyebrow lift and a laser treatment. 2 months after the procedures I only see some improvement in my forehead. My ugly saggy, creepy skin under the eyes is still there! Can you recommend something to improve immediately like a filler as I have a very important party to go to in 2 weeks?

Treatment Options for Saggy Eyelid Skin

+2

With only 2 weeks until your party, I am afraid that there are limited options for improving your eyelid skin. Perhaps a light fraxel laser treatment or medium TCA peel might improve the fine texture lines on the skin. You could certainly heal quickly enough to wear make up to your party to cover any slight redness. However, for true extra, saggy, stretchy skin, you would need to have a lower lid blepharoplasty (eyelid lift), and that surgery would take a few weeks to recuperate. Regarding your forehead lines, a forehead or brow lift should be done primarily to raise the position of low sagging eyebrows. Although such a lift could improve horizontal forehead lines to some degree and temporarily, these lines are usually caused by contraction of the forehead muscle with expression and will return as your muscular movement returns following the lift. Therefore, Botox injections may be your best treatment for these forehead lines if they have returned following surgery.l

Fast results for saggy lower eyelid skin

+2

For your forehead lines Botox or Xeomin will give you results quickly. In regards to the saggy, crepe-like skin under your eyes there is no filler that will help resolve that problem. A skin lid pinch can give you immediate results with little downtime so that you are ready for that important party. You may just have some redness in the incision line which can be covered by mascara and eyeliner.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Loose skin under eye

+2

Sometimes a "skin pinch" or a more formal lower lid blepharoplasty can help with excess skin in the lower lid. An exam in person would be necessary.

Excess skin in your lower lids

+1
It may be difficult to achieve a result that you want in less than two weeks, but options to address your excess skin may include:

1) laser resurfacing to lower lids or a chemical peel (i.e. TCA) 
2) hyaluronic acid fillers (i.e. Restylane) if you have volume loss along your eyelid/cheek area, or
3) a cosmetic lower lid surgery (blepharoplasty) with or without removal of skin

You should discuss these with your surgeon to see if you are a candidate for any of them based on your exam findings. 

Good luck,

Christopher I. Zoumalan, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You may need more laser or a blepharoplasty for the lower lid.

+1

Do you know what type of laser was done there? Unfortunately with only 2 weeks I would not recommend any surgical intervention. Even with a pinch blepharoplasty you could be bruised or swollen. When you have crepey skin, just cutting some skin off is not going to be enough. That will help, but you need to help the texture of the skin. I would recommend either a fractionated CO2 or erbium laser, which will help to tighten the skin and promote new collagen growth. Fillers will also help. By filling in under the skin, you will help to mask some of the fine lines. If you are fairly hollow, a fat transfer can help quite a bit, and you get the benefit of the stem cells which can also help with the skin tone and texture.

For the party - you may benefit from some filler like belotero. Do it soon in case you bruise!

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eye problems

+1

Sounds like you need a lower blepharoplasty and nothing else is likely to solve your problem. In my office a lower blepharoplasty is done under simple local anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes. recovery is about a week. Unfortunately if you only have two weeks this is not a good option....I would recommend at least 3 weeks before an event to have the surgery. Laser is also not an option at this late date. You can try fillers but I would not be excited about the potential result. Get a lower blepharoplasty after the affair

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon