Who Would Be the Best Facial Plastic Surgeon for Neck Lift and Poss. Chin Implant?

I have been researching extensively for a facial plastic surgeon who can do neck lift and possible chin implant. I would appreciate input from someone that has done more than 'a few' and has extensive experience in these areas. thanks so much. Susan

Neck lifts and chin implants for a lifetime

+1

I am glad to see you are researching the choice of your surgeon carefully.While experience and recommendations from friends are the most important factors in choosing this surgeon, artistry and personal rapport will often be a close third and fourth in importance. Today the use of 3D imaging can let you understand what you cand and possibly will look like before proceeding. Make sure your surgeon can take the time to go over options in necklift procedures as well as different materials available for chin augmentation. The more you know the better choices you will make!

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Best Plastic Surgeon for Necklift?

+1

It is hard to justify the label of the absolute best "facial" plastic surgeon for a necklift or for any procedure.  Seek out someone who comes highly recommended by friends who have been patients, your doctors, or check with your local hospital, medical society, or especially the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for a list of board certified aesthetic plastic surgeons in your area.  Then visit a few to discuss your concerns and goals, and listen to what the surgeon has to say after a thorough examination.  Certainly as the surgeon about his/her experience and qualifications.  See how comfortable you feel with the doctor and really listen to what he/she has to say.  A standard neck lift usually includes skin tightening, some fat removal if needed, and muscle tightening.  Occasionally, a chin implant may be helpful to correct a small chin, thereby enhancing the profile of your lower face and neck.  Everyone is different, and the surgeon should customize a procedure according to what your existing condition requires to give you the best result.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Researching Neck Lift

+1

Hello Susan

Good for you. It is important to take the time and make the effort to research your choice of surgeon. It is not easy. You will have to visit a few for a consultation and then you will know who you feel you can trust.

Photos of your neck and additional information would help. None the less, the usual neck lift best incorporates what is called a corset platysmaplasty. It is my opinion that you want a surgeon who has extensive experience with this technique. You should insist upon seeing a large number of quality photos from all views that the surgeon has personally performed.

If the surgeon has frequently been called upon by colleagues to teach the technique to other plastic surgeons it should also give you some indication of their professional level.

Best wishes to you 

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Surgeon for Facelift, Necklift and Chin Implant

+1

A necklift is an integral part of a facelift and almost all surgeons with significant experience in facial rejuvenation is experienced with chin augmentations. In your search, look for a surgeon who specializes in facial rejuvenation and can show you good before and after pictures of people like you. Also make sure the surgeon keeps up with the changes in technique that have reduced the recovery and improved the longevity and the naturalness of the results. Older techniques pull backward and reduce the fat rather than elevating the tissues and retaining the fullness of the face. Advanced techniques frequently do not invade the central neck but return the neck to its normal position through the incision around the ear.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

+1

A necklift with muscle tightening, skin removal, and defatting if necessary with placement of a chin implant may be a reasonable approach for you.  This would only involve a small incision hidden under the chin.  You may want to extend your search into the realm of plastic surgeons.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of neck lifts, facelifts, and facial procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

The answer is the one that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face.  Travel is way cheaper in the long run than revision surgery.

Best necklift surgeon.

+1

This is easy. Only two things you need to know 1) Does the surgeon have talent and get beautiful, NATURAL looking results that you would be happy to live with. 2) Does he have extensive experience and do the procedure all the time so that results are consistent and predictable. You need only satisfy these two issues and all the rest is just icing on the cake as they say. I would point out here that 95 % of the risk in neck lift surgery or any facial surgery is the anesthesia process. I do all my facelifts and necklifts with oral sedation for comfort and simple local anesthesia to remove any pain issues and have maximum safety and ease of recovery. In 25 years I have done over 4500 facelifts and necklifts and the process is both easy and painless with our office surgery and local anesthesia. The results are also amazing and not in any way compromised. Adding a chin inplant is simple and takes a few minutes. If indicated it is a great enhancement to the facelift or necklift and is almost always recommended

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Input on necklift and chin implant procedure

+1

I do a significant amount of necklift and chin implant procedures in my practice. I think that it is a fantastic option for patients who have laxity in his or her neck, a retrusive or small chin, or excess fat in the neck. The enhancement of the neck and jawline as well as the chin can provide a very natural, refreshed effect and look great. With that in mind, these procedures are not for everybody and it is important to consult with experienced facial plastic surgeons to give you options.

Todd C. Miller, MD

A neck lift and chin implant

+1

A neck lift and chin implant combination are  are common procedures performed in our  practice. It is important to note that if there is extra skin in the neck and the patient's over 50 years of age consideration for a lower face neck left with a chin implant may be in order. Please see the link below for examples of the combination of chin implant and neck lift

Chin and neck lift

+1

Jonathan, There is no doubt that if you would benefit ( meaning you need one) from a chin implant that adding this  would improve the results and longevity of your neck lift. As far as the correct surgeon, simply visit with 3 or more surgeons who specialize in facial aesthetics and hear what they have to say. Look at as many of their photos as possible. In general, the more experience the better. I have been doing  facial aesthetic surgery exclusively for 25 years and feel confident in saying that experience is a great teacher as long as the pupil is listening! Good luck.

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon