Will the Extra Fold Disappear on Its Own? Or Do I Need a Revision? (photo)

I got partial incision double eyelid surgery 2 months ago, when I wanted a parallel, medium height crease. I think my doctor made a mistake because there is an extra fold on my eye now and I think she should have done full incisional. Do I need a revision? Is it possible to get a full incisional, tapered crease revision after a partial incisional, parallel crease? I think most of my swelling is gone. I am very unsatisfied with my eyes. I also have a raised pink scar, will that disappear?

Will the Extra Fold Disappear on Its Own? Or Do I Need a Revision?

+1

After two months, you may soon see some improvement in your scar and with the residual swelling around the scar. However, it is unlikely that the fold will reposition itself. It seems to be slightly misplaced. You may require additional surgery to correct this fold.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redness will improve.

+1

It is best to avoid revision surgery too close to the original surgery. I generally recommend waiting at least 6 months. But at three months you will have a good idea whether surgery would be helpful.

In your case, I believe that revision surgery in the form of open incision crease reformation would be required. But waiting never hurts.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

The fact that your fold is not perfect does not mean that your surgeon made a mistake.

+1

I would recommend letting the eyelid heal for another couple of months.  However, it is improbable that this extra fold will disappear on its own.  You are likely to need an incisional anchor blepharoplasty to address this.

In my opinion, revision is necessary

+1

the extra fold you have needs a full incisional technique to resolve.  i agree that the scars are a bit more obvious than normal and would benefit from revision.  it is a rather long scar for a partial incision technique, which is generally around 1cm long. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Eye lid surgery

+1

Yes you can have a full incision upper lid surgery to correct the double fold and give you a single medium height full fold to the upper lid.