If the Equilateral triangle is the aesthetic location of the Nipple during a Breast Reduction did my PS make a mistake? (photo)

I am 64in tall & 125lbs. My Sternal Notch to my Left nipple is 21cm & to my Right it is 21cm. But my Right nipple to my left is 24cm, that's not an Equilateral Triangle. Is that why my nipples look so far apart? Around my chest above my breast I'm 77.5cm, around my chest below my breast 76.5cm, & around the fullest part of my breast I'm 86cm. I also measure 37cm from my sternal notch down to my belly button. Why do my breast Look Too Wide for my Small Frame? Did my PS make a measuring mistake?

Breast Reduction; did my Plastic Surgeon make a mistake?

+2

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast reduction surgery. As you can imagine, however it is not reasonable/appropriate for online consultants to comment on whether your plastic surgeon “made a mistake”.

Given your concerns, it is likely that you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery at some point. This procedure will likely involve movement of the nipple/areola complexes medially and/or additional skin/breast tissue removal to help with breast size (as well as the nipple/areola position) concerns.

I would suggest that you communicate your questions/concerns with your plastic surgeon in a calm and constructive fashion. If still concerned, you may benefit from an person second consultation opinions as well.

Nipple placement

+2

Thank you for the photos - the ideal natural breast is considered to be an equilateral triangle but most breasts are not shaped with that ideal because everyone's chest wall is shaped differently and if the breast sits on a chest wall that points outward then the nipples will be further apart. Looking at your photos you have a nice result and should be happy

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

If the Equilateral triangle is the aesthetic location of the Nipple during a Breast Reduction did my PS make a mistake?

+2

There is no "ideal" nipple location measurement that applies to everyone. It is best to place it at the most projecting part of the breast. Without seeing your BEFORE pictures, it is hard to make any suggestions.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS