What Are the Effects of Coolsculpting on Lipomas (Hard Fat Tissue)?

I have a lipoma on my tummy about the size of a single kernel of corn.... I had zeltiq on my upper and lower abs and the lipoma burst when I squeezed it 2 weeks later. It also felt much bigger like a fishball...or 4 jelly belly beans stuck together... Blood ozzed out ..not a lot..now I am wondering if it was a lipoma or a pimple. The "lipomazit" still feels hard n lumpy. What do I do? Leave it alone or squeeze it? Thank you for replying.

Lump after CoolSculpting

+1
It does not sound like it was a lipoma that was on your abdomen. Lipomas normally are deeper and do not burst on the surface of the skin. It is probably best to leave it alone and have your dermatologist take a look at it.

Don't squeeze fat growths

+1

If you got anything out of a growth on the skin, then it is probably not a lipoma. Lipomas are fatty collections or benign tumors of the subcutaneous compartment and don't discharge their contents. angiolipomas also tend to be deeper and don't spontateously discharge.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Cyst not lipoma

+1

If your lesion changed, ruptured, bled or oozed white material, it was most likely a cyst, not a lipoma.  I recommend having it checked by a dermatologist.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Doesn't sound like a lipoma

+1

you may have a cyst in the abdomen.  lipomas are solid fatty tumors and can not "burst" or be "squeezed out."  lipomas can increase and decrease in size but this is typically relatively slow and not rapid.  it is not clear what lipomas or cysts will do in the face of coolsculpting.  it is probably not dangerous to do, but i would doubt that these would reduce in size with treatment.

Eric Chang, MD

Coolsculpting on Lipoma

+1

Coolsculpting has been used to treat lipomas even though it is not an FDA approved use. The critical point is making sure that it is in fact a lipoma. I would suggest you follow up with your surgeon to discuss as your symptoms are not common.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon